Over 30 years ago, the Belgian master frame builder Jan Weymans built this tiny race bike with 28″ wheels for my aunt Mariette Laenen, former Belgian champion in 1972, 1973 and 1975.
The frame features an extremely compact wheel base and stunning internal routing of both brake and shifter cables. My aunt’s career ended 10 years before. But she was still able of pushing hard as she does today at the age of 69…
The frame received a terrible make-over ten years ago and was covered in a thin layer of orange powder coating. So I was fortunate to recover the frame from my aunt’s shed and lucky that Jan instantly remembered the frame and its original color. I am very grateful for the love he put into it to restore it to its former glory.
Although my aunt certainly had it built with Campagnolo C-Record or Chorus in 1988, she does appreciate this lovely Triomphe groupset.
- Frameset: Weymans custom built with Columbus SL tubing
- Size: 44 cc (46 ct)
- Bottom bracket: Campagnolo Triomphe
- Crankset: Campagnolo Triomphe
- Front derailleur: Campagnolo Triomphe
- Rear derailleur: Campagnolo Triomphe
- Downtube shifters: Campagnolo Triomphe
- Stem: Cinelli
- Handlebar: Cinelli
- Handlebar tape: Bike Ribbon
- Brake levers: Campagnolo Triomphe
- Brake calippers: Campagnolo Triomphe
- Seatpost: Campagnolo Triomphe
- Saddle: Turbo Bernard Hinault
- Pedals: Campagnolo Triomphe
- Hubs: Campagnolo Triomphe
- Rims: Mavic Module E