A modest 90’s color bomb
= The perfect every day bike
Bought this bicycle from a woman in Wallonia who used it as a daily ride. It looked horrible at first. For example, you might notice the paint missing on the front fork due to a speedometer. Luckily, we were able to clean/ buff most of the scratches out of the paint.
We finished the bicycle off with; a 1989 Mavic group set with the “shark teeth” cassette, starfish, 573 hubs, Look pedals, San Marco seat post, 3ttt handlebar combo and some nos Clement tires from a time when tires where getting thinner and thinner. Excuse us for the leftover dust and grease.
Frame specs and options:
- Corsa Extra model
- TSX tubing
- External cable routing on top (typical pro frame feature)
- Chromed chain stay
- Weinmann colors
- Frame number: (9X-C-6330)
- Frame set: Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra team Weinmann Colors with Columbus TSX tubing
- Size: 59cc
- Bottom bracket: Mavic
- Crank set: Mavic Starfish
- Front derailleur: Mavic
- Rear derailleur: Mavic
- Down tube shifters: Mavic (missing one plastic cap)
- Headset: Mavic
- Stem: period correct 3ttt
- Handlebar: period correct 3ttt
- Handlebar tape: black bike ribbon
- Brake levers: Mavic (same as the ones from the zap group)
- Brake clippers: Mavic (dia compe)
- Seat post: Sella Italia?
- Saddle: period correct Sella Italia turbomatic 2
- Pedals: Look clipless
- Hubs: Mavic 573 with the rare ‘shark teeth’ casette
- Rims: Mavic open 4CD with NOS Clement stratos 19 tires
This bicycle is for sale for 975 euros, if you are intrested send us an email at email@example.com!
I found one of these years ago locally. 63c/c. Stacked headtube lug. Some team frame from Europe. Who was this racer? Other Euro stickers, like a shop maybe. Can’t find his name online. Paint does not stick well to chrome plating. Set up and used as my daily driver and towne bike. Anyone ID the team guy on top tube? Ruud Wouters Serial number looks to be about 1993. D5181
Any way to attach photos to this email form?
Hi! year of manufacture 1991, tube is Columbus SLX (X mark), Columbus TSX had TT marks – beautiful frame – greetings – Jacek