The corsa extra was one out of 3 offerings in the Merckx track line-up (one of the others being the MX-leader pista)
Some of you might like to call it a fence instead of a bicycle, yes it’s rather large…
I got this frame set from Germany, now there is a very big chance that this is a track frame from Rolf Aldag as not many of these are around and it should fit him. I have tried to contact him trough facebook but no confirmation yet that it is his.
The wheelset came with this beauty of a merckx titane track bike a clean set of sherrif star hubs, mavic pista rims and some eddy merckx decals which are a very nice touch.
Flite saddle has been reupholstered by cycle leather Corné now known as kontour.cc
isn’t she a beauty?
- Frameset: Eddy Merckx Telekom Corsa extra pista Columbus SLX tubing and SP forktubes late 1992
- framenumber : …-D-8338
- Size: 62cc seat tube
- Bottom bracket: Campagnolo record carbon 111mm
- Crankset: Campagnolo C-record 175 mm (technically speaking it is just a record for the production year so…) TA specialités chainring
- Headset: period correct Campagnolo C-record
- Stem: period correct Cinelli with Eddy Merckx Panto
- Handlebar: period correct Cinelli Criterium 65-42
- Handlebar tape: black bike ribbon
- Seatpost: Campagnolo C-record
- Saddle: a lovely restored Sella italia Flite titanium, reupholstered by Cycle leather Corné (kontour.cc)
- Pedals: Second gen c-record pedals (pista/strada see this link for more info)
- Hubs: High flange Campagnolo c-record hubs, better known as Sherrif-star hubs
- rims: Mavic Pista with tied and soldered spokes and merckx decals
- tubes: Continental sonderklasse the ultimate choice for many professionals back in the day, extremely souple and lightweight (but don’t expect them to hold air for longer than a week)
This bike is for sale at 2500 euro complete