If you are one of those persons who can watch before and after restoration videos on YouTube or Facebook for hours, this might be up your alley!
Here we got a Benotto modello 1700 ‘amateur’ from the 70s. Stored in a basement in Holland for god knows how many years, it was covered in a sort of wax. Everything cleaned up absolutely mint. Have a look and enjoy the photo set before and after
we cleaned everything extensively with a water based degreaser, steel wool with WD40, soap, brake cleaner and the whole frames super thin paint job got hand polished after
The modelo 1700 sticker got re-glued, parts were washed in a large ultrasonic cleaner, a fresh reupholstered cinelli saddle and some rather unique wooden wheels. those i got from someone in Hasselt. He said they were from the 1920’s. I think they are a bit younger they had old steel ‘flip flop’ hubs lanced with some very thing steel spokes. They had never been ridden or glued.
- Benotto pista modelo 1700 frameset 60cm CC seat tube.
- NOS Campagnolo record pista headset.
- bottom bracket 70ss-P Italian tread (steel).
- Pista cransket 141 BCD 170m, nuovo redord chainring.
- Record pista pedals.
- Campagnolo nuovo record seatpost.
- Cinelli 1A.
- Cinelli handlebars with blue Benotto tape.
- Wheels: Campagnolo-record pista hubs, NOS wooden rims and vittoria CX tubes.
- Cinelli unicanitor saddle with new leather.
- Campagnolo cog and lockring.
Now what is intreguing about this benotto line-up? why is this called a ‘modello amateur’ if we take a look at ciclostudio’s track bike. you would say it’s completely the same, same cutout in the bottom bracket, typical for 2500 and 3000 series. would it be the heavy columbus SP tubing? which is logical in order to keep some stifness in this large chonk of frame. I have no idea to be honest. if it didn’t have the 1700 label i would have said it is a 2500 judging by the build quality and lack of diamond shaped chain stays.
Intrested in this machine?
it’s for sale at 1200 euros + shipping + paypal fees (if needed).
Or send us an offer for the bike or frameset + headset to firstname.lastname@example.org