1977 Bianchi specialissima Superleggera Campagnolo Nuovo Record
The specialissima models were top notch in the bianchi line-up. built with passion, raced by the best.
I got this frame from Holland and assembled it with parts I’ve collected over several years.
- Frameset: Bianchi specialissima from March 1977 with serial number 330, Columbus SL tubing
- Size: 54cc
- Bottom bracket: period correct Campagnolo Nuovo record
- Crankset: 1975 Campagnolo Nuovo record
- Front derailleur: period correct Campagnolo Nuovo record (closed chainguide and no notch in the front)
- Rear derailleur: 1973 Campagnolo Nuovo record (might swap it for a 77 if I find one in time before it is sold)
- Downtube shifters: period correct Campagnolo Nuovo record
- Headset: period correct Campagnolo Nuovo record with a lightweight drilled aluminium spacer
- Stem: period correct 3ttt
- Handlebar: period correct 3ttt
- Handlebar tape: white cotton tape (without plugs)
- Brake levers: period correct Campagnolo record (these have been nicely polished and are scratch free) with fresh brown pre 83 gum hoods
- Brake calippers: period correct Campagnolo Nuovo record
- Seatpost: period correct Campagnolo Nuovo record
- Saddle: a restored Cinelli unicanitor, it was a bit of an experiment but it won’t get much better than this, hand painted letters on the back, 3D printed stamp on the side and a fresh leather cover applied by Cycle leather Corné
- Pedals: period correct Campagnolo Nuovo record with new dust caps!
- Hubs: High flange Campagnolo nuovo record hubs (pre 78)
- rims: Nisi tubular
Everything has been rebuild with fresh grease
This beauty was for sale but has left to another home back to Holland